Supported by Udaipur Municipal Corporation and BvLF the project is being implemented in 5 neighbourhoods (9 wards) in Udaipur city. The project has reached out to around 15000 community members and more than 3000 children in 0 – 5 years age group.
The goal is to scale up child- and caregiver-friendly features and components in public spaces, transport, neighbourhood planning, early childhood services, and data management. These improvements aim to promote positive behaviors among caregivers, service providers, and decision makers, in order to enhance the physical, social and emotional wellbeing of children aged 0-5 and their caregivers.
In order to fulfil the above mandate, the Parents+ project undertakes the following activities:
- Coaching parents/caregivers/families to improve their behaviour related to parenting and responsive caregiving
- Building capacities of Anganwadi workers, Accredited Social Health Activists to improve services for infants/toddlers/children
- Build capacities of Urban Municipal Corporation, Urban Improvement Trust, Integrated Child Development Scheme, Health Department, Citizen Groups, NGOs.
- To design/develop Early Childhood Development framework and guidelines
- Support in creating guidelines for child safety and crèche and day care centre guidelines for safety and well-being
- Incorporating the ITC friendly lens to city planning and policies by sensitizing city planners and policy makers.